Maldives maintains a strong international presence, while raising our voice in support of issues close at heart to the nation, as well as establishing close and friendly relations with external development partners. Official and diplomatic relations between Maldives and other countries commenced since the Maldives became independent in 1965.
Maldives receives financial and technical assistance for its development projects from a number of bilateral and multilateral development partners, and commercial banks. The Ministry of Finance maintains close cooperation with these institutions in matters related to development projects, economic policy, and public finance.
- Abu Dhabi Fund for Development
- Asian Development Bank
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- European Investment Bank
- Export Import Bank of China
- International Monetary Fund
- Islamic Development Bank
- Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development
- Saudi Fund for Development
- The OPEC Fund for International Development
- World Bank